Savory Crab-Stuffed Flounder with Hollandaise Sauce
June 9, 2021
- 4 Flounder Filets approximately 2 pounds
- 1 cup Lump Crab Meat
- 1/2 cup Panko or Bread Crumbs
- 1 large Egg
- 2 tbsp Red Onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Celery finely chopped
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 6 tbsp Butter softened
- 1 tbsp Thyme finely chopped
- 2 pinches Old Bay Seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat, add the celery and onion and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- In a bowl, combine the lump crab meat, panko, egg, celery, onion, garlic, thyme, and a pinch of Old Bay. Use your hands to make sure that the stuffing is fully mixed.
- Heat an oven to 375 degrees.
- Lay the flounder flat and put 1/4 of the stuffing in the center of each filet. Roll the flounder around the crab stuffing and place on a baking sheet with the ends of the fish, where it overlaps, facing down. Spread butter over the top of the fish and sprinkle with a pinch of Old Bay seasoning.
- Cook the fish for 30 minutes or until thoroughly cooked. Serve with prepared hollandaise sauce and vegetable of your choice.