Coconut Curry Shrimp
We certainly enjoyed a variety of curry and other dishes during our time in Chennai, India. This has a mild flavor and the coconut certainly compliments the shrimp. Because shrimp cooks so quickly, this is perfect dish for a weeknight meal.
- 1 lb Shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/4 cup White Onion finely diced
- 1 tbsp Curry Powder
- 8 oz Coconut Milk
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- Fresh Juice from Half of a Lime
- 1 tbsp Parsley for garnish
- Basmati Rice cooked according to package directions
- Heat the butter over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add the shrimp and cook until pink and tender, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove the shrimp and set aside. Add the garlic and onion to the skillet and cook for about 2 minutes to soften the onion.
- Stir in the curry powder and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the coconut milk, honey, salt, and lime juice and bring to a gentle boil. Let the sauce thicken slightly.
- Add the shrimp to the pan to allow them to absorb some of the flavor and to let them come up to temperature.
- Server over rice and garnish with parsley and a lime wedge.
2 thoughts on “Delicious Coconut Curry Shrimp Recipe”
My husband loves curry anything! This looks simple and delicious, cannot wait to try it out!
Let us know what you think 🙂